Calm Dog Training for the Vet
- Dog is terrified at the vet
- Sedating dog for grooming
- Fearful dog behavior displayed during procedures
- Aggression at vet or groomer
- Dog tries to bite the vet
- Dog has car anxiety when going to vet or groomer
Enjoy fear free veterinary visits and grooming sessions with your dog. A dog who has become comfortable with car rides to the vet’s office, is relaxed with veterinary staff and most of all, with routine and necessary procedures. For some, using medication to calm your dog during vet or grooming visits can be helpful and I can help with your dog’s anxiety for the long term.
Let me help you connect the dots between Point A & Point B so you can learn how to keep your dog calm while grooming and during veterinary care.
Your Personalized Behavior Modification Training Path
The Calm Dog Package:
I’ll do the training to lay the foundation and then begin working in the locations and situations that your dog currently finds challenging, transferring my training results to you along the way.
3 week program: $1,380
Includes: Initial Consult to set personalized goals and share management strategies you can use for some immediate relief right away; 9 training sessions with your dog, 3 transfer sessions with you.
What we’ll focus on:
- Improving comfort with body handling, including restraint for vaccine administration, temperature taking, nail care, ear and eye exams, and grooming procedures such as clipping and brushing.
- Taking it on the road: addressing your dog’s car anxiety, if needed.
- Building positive associations and interactions with the facility and the staff. These short visits will include simply saying hello, getting in some good sniffs and delicious food from staff to boost positive associations.
- Real world training: creating stationing behaviors for procedures to help your dog focus on engaging with you, which will help your dog feel comfortable and less worried about needle sticks, body scanning, palpation, etc.
- Incorporating all of these elements to ensure your dog is fully comfortable with each step and transfer the training and skills to you.
All training will be a positive experience for dog and human alike, based on sound scientific principles. Learn more about my approach to training.
Ready to connect the dots to Point B?
Call or email me to set up your Initial Consult today.
All dog training begins with an Initial Consult, which is $180. (Your initial consult fee will be credited should you decide a calm dog training package is the right match for your needs and goals.)
At this consult, we’ll work together to set goals and carve a personalized path to reaching them, building around your household and lifestyle and your dog’s learning needs.